Tue, 11 Jan 1994 23:11:58 -0600
We have a problem in that someone is getting mail from several
library related lists, including ours, yet is not subscribed
to any of them and she is very upset about it.

The best we can figure out is that someone is forwarding the
material to her, so we are looking for common subscribers on
AUTOCAT, PACS-L, and LIBPLN-L.  This is a very tedious job
done "manually."

My question is this: does anyone out there in Listowner Land
know of a program which will compare different text files and
give a report as to the exact matches in them?  It can be a program
for UNIX, VAX, VM/CMS, or DOS.  One or the other of us should be
able to use it.

Any advice is welcome as the prospect of comparing large subscriber
lists for common subscribers is a bit daunting.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner