Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:09:36 -0400
At 03:32 06/04/2002 Tuesday, Glenn Alperin wrote:
 >I have a need to backup the list archives from the LISTSERV server to
my local
 >machine.  (The reason I need to do so is long and drawn out and well
out of the
 >scope of this list.)  If I've read the manual correctly, all I need to do
 >is get
 >an index of the list files, ( index listname ) and then GET the respective
 >files
 >specified in that report.  I've already thought about my disk quota
limitations
 >on my account on my local server.  I'll have to send out several of these
 >and fetch my e-mail off of my local server for each one.  Is there anything
 >else I should be aware of before actually attempting this?

Off-hand

Other than your personal quota, you should think about your ISP's mail
spool  quota (if an issue), and backing up your harddisc (and its
restoration procedures).  Also you might consider if there are any virus
issues associated with A/V software involved (nothing like have your
archive downloads deleted).

pete weiss @ penn state