Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Sep 1992 16:34:26 EDT
On Mon, 21 Sep 1992 15:37:23 EST Jim Jones said:
> This thread seems to have lots of life left in it...  So, where should
> we take it?  "How XYZ-net can survive" is certainly not the stated topic
> of this list.  Is there a proper home?  If not, I'll create a new list on
> JHUVM.  But please, let's find a more appropriate forum.

> PS - The only suggestion I've seen along this line was to take the
> discussion to NODMGT-L, which I think is equally inappropriate.
> Perhaps FUTURE-L is the best place?  I don't know, since I'm not a
> member of that list.

This topic  probably isn't appropriate  here, but  I haven't seen  anyone who
runs this list  complain. Had that been done, I  would have certainly stopped
my  participation  in  this thread.  As  it  is,  I  am also  tired  of  this
discussion. I  don't plan on  going on  any further about  this, particularly
since I  have just finished  my report to management  on this topic  and have
suggested that we keep Bitnet.

If demand  warrants, its a good  idea to start a  new list for this  topic if
none already  exists. Perhaps more generally,  this list could be  a place to
send gripes we have with CREN's  management of Bitnet services. This would be
more constructive than our present  line of conversation if CREN's management
participates. This list  would give CREN's management a way  to be responsive
to  the  Bitnet  community.  Due  to  The  Internet's  nature  it  is  almost
impossible  for one  group to  manage it  easily. This  can be  Bitnet's most
important advantage  over The  Internet, but  CREN doesn't  seem to  have the
intiative to step  forward and take this opportunity. It  should do so before
Bitnet becomes only a note in tomorrow's electronic history books.

 Stan Horwitz   Internet: STAN @ VM.TEMPLE.EDU  Bitnet: STAN @ TEMPLEVM

 Temple University's Sr. Mainframe Consultant; Manager of the Help-Net
 and Suggest lists; Listserv Postmaster

 Standard disclaimers apply. One of these days I will make this sig file
 look much nicer.