Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 02:46:30 +0100
On  Thu, 2  Feb 1995  11:44:00 EST  "s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>I should have been more specific in my original post, but the postmaster
>of the site  specifically does not want NAME@HOST to  be a valid address
>(owing  to  the  aforementioned  address  conflict),  only  [log in to unmask]
>However, we  would like to  arrange it so  that a *command*  to LISTSERV
>(specifically a SUBSCRIBE command) would be recognized, but only to send
>the pre-recorded message.

With the 1.8b  beta you would be able to  add "New-List= NAME-L@HOST" and
administrative requests  would be forwarded.  If you don't tell  LMail (I
assume  this  is VM)  to  process  mail for  NAME@HOST,  it  will not  be
forwarded.  With  1.8a   you  could  create  a  list   called  NAME  with
subscription by owner and modify the  message that says "your request has
been forwarded to the list owner" to explain the situation.

  Eric