Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:15:51 -0500
On 4/12/01 10:33 PM, Glenn Darwin <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I'll add to this with the following....
>
>When the person I was talking to, named Donald in case anyone else gets
>him, starts out looking at the headers and notices that the message
>originated from a pop3 account BEFORE it hits the NCM listerv, I almost
>went ballistic.....  Had to really hold my temper on that one.  I calmly
>asked him how would I control who was logged on to their ISP when they sent
>the message....  That is the one that really got me.

Are you sure you didn't misunderstand? AOL has problems with mail that
comes from dialup addresses. In some cases, providers use the same
netblocks for static servers as dynamic dialups, which causes this
problem. In other cases, the netblocks are separate -- but you still get
mail servers named 123-234-321.d.bellatlantic.net, which looks like a
dialup, causing a false positive on AOL's end.

If you didn't misunderstand, the tech may have.

>He continued to question the backwards IP address in my ISP's domain name for
>our T1 line.  Duh....

Which is frequently a problem. Many sites have horrid DNS resolution.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP