Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:59:12 -0500
At 15:23 01/29/2002 Tuesday, Paul Russell wrote:
 >Each of the W32.myparty virus messages which I have seen was
approximately 900
 >lines long. You should be able to force the rejection of W32.myparty virus
 >carrier messages by adding the following list configuration statement:
 >
 >        * SIZELIM= xxx
 >
 >where "xxx" represents an integer value less than 900. I would make it
 >significantly less than 900.

Having a SIZELIM *also* enforces a kind of etiquette -- especially those
who "accidentally" forget to trim their quoted replies, or send a copy of
all the student grades, or password files.

Doing a search of a list's archives, will allow you to eye-ball and
produce a realistic value, based upon successive approximations.

200 to 250 seems right for several discussion lists with which I'm familiar.

YMMV.

/Pete

("It's my party and I'll cry if I want to")