Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:49:43 +1100
>I wish to have no SIGNUP1 message go to the subscribers.
>
>Through the web admin interface, I know how to edit the template so that
>this message is supressed (.QQ).
>
>However, I need to issue this command via email.

Eric

you need to GET the listname.mailtpl first, edit the SIGNUP1 message by
entering .QQ at the beginning, then PUT the listname.mailtpl back.  If you
don't have a listname.mailtpl you'll have to first GET a copy of
default.mailtpl.

Don't try to edit deafult.mailtpl and then PUT it back.  This can lead to
complications later on.

Chapter 9 of the LISTSERV Owner's Manual has detailed instructions for
doing this kind of operation.  You can see it online at
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc9154315>.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.