Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:27:17 -0500
On 25 Jan 99, at 18:54, Mary Schweitzer wrote:

> The reason I wanted it included SOMEWHERE in the l-soft literature is it
> seems a pity that each of us must invent the wheel on our own
<snip>
> And explaining how to change WEBTV is really hard if you aren't ON
> webtv.  And I'm not.

And neither are we. Nor can we keep track of every email software
package and ISP-made email interface on the Internet. Even if we
managed to put up a page today, it would probably need to be changed
tomorrow. And any time one of them changed, people would blame us
for not keeping up. We would rather spend our time and money
improving our own software, services, and documentation, rather than
spending a lot of time trying to document and support other companies'
software for them.

As to reinventing the wheel -- well, that's why there are groups such as
this one. So that you can find out what other people have already done
and share with each other. There are a lot of really good web sites out
there, and as long as they spell our name correctly and don't misuse
our trademark, we encourage their contributions.

Francoise