Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 May 1998 15:20:11 +0000
Roger,

At 02:11 98/05/06 -0400, Roger Fajman wrote:
>Some time ago, someone posted a program that interprets the encoded
>subscriber options in list files.  I've searched the archives of
>LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L to no avail.  I'd appreciate it if someone would
>send me that program.

I think you are probably referring to a perl script that I posted some
years ago.  Rather than posting it again, I've made it available on the web
at:

http://oz.uc.edu/~wheeledd/lsv/

This script decodes the subscriber options and puts them at the beginning
of the line.  It results in a subscriber list with one line per
subscription.  The options are indicated with reasonable codes in fixed
column positions.  For instance, it shows concealed subscriptions with a C
in column 4.

Two caveats:

L-Soft discourages the direct use of the encoded options.  They are subject
to change without warning.  The script was written for 1.8b and it quit
working when 1.8c came out.  I fixed it for 1.8c and I'm pleased that it
still seems to be working for 1.8d.

It was written for a VAX VMS system.  It will require modification to run
on anything else.

I hope this helps.

                               Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler - Education & Psychology, Univ. of Cincinnati  >>
<<  Email: [log in to unmask]      URL: http://oz.uc.edu/~wheeledd/  >>