Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:40:46 -0400
"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Can listserv be setup, somehow, do  have each item  in a digest come as a
> MIME attachement?  Are there any problems with this approach?

Eric posted a note just a couple of  weeks back looking  for a few sites to
beta-test the  MIME digest feature  in 1.8c.   So  you'll probably have  it
soon.   The problem with it is  that relatively few   people have mail user
agents that do anything useful with MIME.  I just got one myself and am not
usually way way behind the technology curve ...  on mine, MIME is an option
you can turn on and off  because it makes  reading a lot of  mail more of a
pain, not less.  However, mine (I'm using the  newest Gnus, by the way) has
included for a while  now a  function to split   any digest into  a virtual
folder,  so even with  the "normal"  digests (RFC1153, I   think), I can go
through the messages using my   reader's individual-message features.    My
point here  is that lots   of people who will   get  benefit from the  MIME
feature probably already have fairly sophisticated software ...

Norm
--
We breathe the future and we're choking