Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 17:42:12 EDT
On Thu, 6 Jul 1995 14:05:54 -0500 Gail Barnes said:
>  When attempting to delete a subscriber the following message was
>returned.  Is this an example of an address that is 'rewritten' by a
>system, somewhere, leaving me with the need to find out the original
>'untranslated' address?  If so how do I do that?  Is there another way to

 Gail
   When I need to identify a subscriber to my list I use the SCAN
 command.  It works on any character string not only in the address
 but also in the subscriber's name (very useful if you have a subscriber
 whose name you know and whose address you have to discover!)

   The syntax is: TELL LISTSERV SCAN listname keyword  e.g.,
                  tell listserv scan qc-l pohok
   If I want to receive the output as a mail message that I can
    print out I modify it to read:
                  tell listserv mail scan qc-l pohok

   I am on a VM/CMS host; you may not be and may not have the
    TELL LISTSERV capability.  Whatever you have, the fallback
    is that you can always send the text of the command (the
    words that follow TELL LISTSERV) as a mail message to the
    appropriate Listserv.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of [log in to unmask]
  Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Bitnet:   ulcjh@ubvm