Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:04:28 -0400
A few weeks ago I raised this issue and Dennis Hickman sent a complete
copy of what the list owner gets when Subscription = By Owner.  On
rereading it I have one question ...

The message has both of these items in it (taken from Dennis's example
posted here):

> You   can,  at   your   discretion,  send   the   following  command to
> [log in to unmask] to add this person to the list:
>
> ADD CETEFL-L [log in to unmask] Irene Lavingxxx

And:

> PS: In  order to  facilitate the  task, this  message has  been
> specially formatted so that you only need  to forward it back to
> [log in to unmask] and fill  in the password below  to have the command
> executed. Note that while  the formats  produced  by  the forwarding
> function  of most mail packages  are supported,  replying  will  seldom
> work,  so  make sure to forward and not reply.

> // JOB PW=XXXXXXXX
> ADD CETEFL-L [log in to unmask] Irene Lavingxxx
> // EOJ

Are these two different ways of doing the same thing, or is the latter
part intended to expand on the former?  If I simply send the ADD command
without the JOB syntax, what happens?  Does Listserv assume it is OK
because it came from the owner's email address (in which case a spoofed
From: line would fool it)?  Reject it because it does not have the job
syntax?  Or accept it with, or without, confirmation back to me?

Thanks ...

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]