"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 17:27:26 -0400
>Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 20:03:45 -0400
>From: L-Soft list server at The Jewish Theological Seminary (1.8c)
>To: Harry Levin <levinh@hopper>
>Subject: Output of your job "levinh"
>
>> subscribe mindsonline [log in to unmask] Bob Berg
>Please specify your name rather than your e-mail address, as in "SUBSCRIBE
>MINDSONLINE  Joe  H.  Smith".  Alternatively, if  you  want  to  subscribe
>anonymously,  send the  command: "SUBSCRIBE  MINDSONLINE Anonymous".  Your
>subscription will then be hidden automatically.
>
>he should be able to subscribe people???!!?

Yes, but not with the syntax of the ADD command.

Subscribe, as far as I know, doesn't work very well from the listowner's
end, and only works fromt he subscriber's end, to which the syntax should
be:

subscribe mindsonline Bob Berg

and it must be sent to listserv by Bob Berg from Bob Berg's e-mail
address.  If you want to add Bob Berg yourself, you'd need to send the
following command to listserv:

ADD mindsonline [log in to unmask] Bob Berg

Hope that helps.

Glenn Alperin