John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:38:46 -0400
> Hello,
>
> We are reviving a list we haven't used for a couple of years.     Is there
> a way to check for active / legitimate addresses of subscribers without
> sending out a "test" message?     I thought a probe of some kind that would
> return a list of addresses that return a non-delivery error message might
> do the trick, but adding "probe" to Renewal= only operates at subscription
> renewal time, not immediately.
>
> Any advice welcome.

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/sitemgr/listkeyw.html#kRenewal

If you read the above info on Renewal=  you will see you have several
options. One being setting a specific date, such as
Renewal= 2005/08/13,Delay(x),Probe

You could edit the PROBE1 template to be more specific regarding the
receipt of this message from an old list.