Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 May 1996 15:11:26 EDT
> Would it be simpler to use a shared account that all moderators could
> access?  They would have to keep track of which postings submitted for
> approval they had already seen.  Each would also know which postings had
> already been been read by someone else.  This might or might not be
> useful.  Postings could be saved as long as necessary for all moderators
> to see them.  Caveat: The first to see a posting might also delete it,
> which sounds like it might be what you are trying to avoid.

It wouldn't be simpler for my application, which is an announcement
list with infrequent posts.  The moderators would not want to
be checking a mailbox that is empty most of the time.  Also, they
don't necesarily all use the same email system.

The reason for wanting multiple moderators is not the volume of
messages, but so that messages get handled promptly, even if a
moderator is on vacation or away from the office on business.