John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:14:55 -0500
> I have six WebTV subscribers on my mailing list.  None of them have
> received any list mail for several days, but there have been no bounces or
> error messages.  I have written to WebTV to ask for help (and got the
> expected auto-response), but I was wondering if anyone else had
> experienced similar problems.

Not lately.

What WebTV has begun recently however (to fight spam), is they send relay mail
to any mail server that sends them mail. They will randomly send a message from
[log in to unmask]   to  [log in to unmask]  to see if your server will relay
that message. If it does, they will refuse mail from that server. I had an "open"
server for a few day to gather IPs from a new POP user and they shut me off
until I closed it.

I'm pretty sure this isn't your problem but you or anyone can check the policy
and see if your mail server is listed at:  http://www.webtv.net/antispam/