John Roraback PhD <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:06:48 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-01 13:24:51 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

> In addition to what Mary has said: have (part of) your bottom_banner be a
> one-line URL that points to to a WEB page that contains the current topics.

Pete & Mary.... These are a good ideas.... in fact, I had already placed the
TOPICS in the bottom banner some time ago,  and I do post the TOPICS
periodically <grin>. However, I am continually amazed at how little folks read
and absorb, and I have tried to create redundancies in a number of other ways
as well to help overcome this.

Just seemed to me that it would be logically consistent to add the feature of
indicating all avaialble TOPICS in the response to the QUERY command. In fact,
if the text in the QUERY response message were customizable by the list-owner,
I would probably also add some text describing the other mail receipt options
and the syntax of the commands for changing them.

Thanks,

John Roraback