Mike Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:06:43 -0500
The Bitnet site that was down over the weekend was fixed Monday, the queued
messages sent out, and now the messages have disappeared.  No one seems to
know where they've gone.  There was the suggestion that there was a problem
with the Internet route to L-Soft, but there seems to be some disagreement
about that.  Neither has there been any new message distribution for my
list.  It's been 6 days now, just about as long as any of the previous shut
downs we've experienced with some degree of regularity. I know, at least,
that all the other lists from WU are also gone.  Are there any others?  It
looks like only someone at L-Soft can explain what happened to our lists.
Are our messages queued somewhere else on Bitnet, and is any Bitnet traffic
being received at L-Soft?  Needless to say, we our concerned and anxious for
any information or news.

Mike Holloway              |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
[log in to unmask]   |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
___________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/