Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 01:13:12 -0400
I had about 15 subscribers deleted last week after a few days with error
reports that looked like these:

  4 08/10 08/11 First Last <[log in to unmask]>
                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

I sent them all email and explained that this was MSN's problem and that
it likely would not recur ... but as they rejoin I am getting the same
reports again.  It's hard to see what is happening when the report says
"Unavailable" (why is that, how can the error be unavailable if it was
recognized enough to make it onto the error report?).

We are set to delete after 100 errors or 5 days.  I have seen all the MSN
folks get hit with this kind of error before, but this is the first time
it persisted for long enough for anyone to get deleted.

Anyone else seeing more MSN errors than usual lately?  Anything to be
done, other than tell these folks to get a different ISP?

Thanks,

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]