Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:59:21 -0700
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:31:15 -0500, "Erich L. Markert" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I'm running 1.8d beta on NT 4.0 SP3.  Everything appears to be fine, I was able to get the
>web interfaces setup and working.  I've added a number of lists and these lists have
>appeared on the web page.  However, whenever I attempt to send mail to any of these lists
>the message never makes it to the web archives.
>
>I've double checked the permissions on these directories and all is fine.  I've tried
>shutting down the services and restarting, I've waited overnight to see if they would
>appear, nothing...
>
>I've read all the manuals and couldn't find anything on this.  Any ideas?

Does the daily LISTSERV Log file in x:\LISTSERV\LOG show receipt of the
message(s) for the list(s) in question?  Does it show distribution of the
message(s) to the list(s)?  Both events are normally logged.

Look in the x:\LISTSERV\SPOOL directory.  Do you have a lot of files or only a
few?  If there are files, what are the file types?  *.job, *.jobh, *.mail,
*.error??

A large accumulation of *.mail files along with a Log show receipt and
distribution means a problem with your SMTP_FORWARD outbound mail host.

If there are no files and no log entries, then the problem is likely with the
inbound mail.  Is the server name registered in DNS?  can you telnet to port25
on that machine (both by name and by IPaddress) and what is the response?
Can you send the command THANKS and get a response?