"Stephen C. Nill" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:55:29 -0700
        I know the manual for 1.8c discussed gatewaying a list to a newsgroup, but
recall a posting indicating that a public gateway (was it American
University?) was discontinuing its public availability.  So, I shelved my
idea of gatewaying my lists. However, recently I joined a list that's doing
it, which rekindled my interest.

        Though I've learned my way around Listserv, I know nothing about
gatewaying to a newsgroup. Question:  How, if possible, would I go about
"opening up" my lists to a newsgroup version?  And, what are the
implications for an edited list (I'm using "edited" in the sense that
Listserv uses it -- messages are approved by a list editor using the "ok"
process).

        Stephen C. Nill, J.D.
        CharityChannel, the Internet Discussion Forums
                of American Philanthropy Review
        http://CharityChannel.com/