Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:53:40 -0500
On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Ben Parker wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:35:20 -0500, Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>and I
>>still wonder, what is the default for the "auto-delete" parameter?
>
>According to the List Owners and Site Manager's Manuals, Appendix B
>the default setting for auto-delete is:
>
>Auto-Delete= No if "Validate= Yes", Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100) otherwise

That specifies the default if the "auto-delete" parameter is left out
entirely.  It says nothing about the default if "auto-delete= yes" is
specified with no subparameters.

The list in question (that got no bounces) was also set to "Validate=No".

I had assumed from the statement in the manual that you quoted above,
that the default the other listowner would get would be
"Semi-auto,Delay(4),Max(100)".  When we observed different behavior
from that, I realized that assumption was nothing more than an
extrapolation on my part from the statement in the manual.

If that original assumption of mine is in fact what L-Soft programmed
into the product; she and I were using a 1.8d Beta, and what you write
below might have applied.