Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:54:55 -0500
On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Randy Ryan wrote:

>I'm trying to modify a list that the owner wants fully moderated but
>to reject posts from non-listmembers.

As I wrote previously, it doesn't look to me like this can be done.

>>I thought that was accomplished by removing the ", (listname)" parameter of the
>Editor= keyword, but all non-subscriber posts are still going to the editor for
>approval.  Send is set to Send=Editor,Hold

No.  That simply causes all *subscriber* posts to be sent to the
editor instead of being sent directly to the list.  It changes nothing
about non-subscriber posts.

>Ideally, the listowner I'm working with would like semi-moderation for users
>subscribed to the list, but messages rejected from non-subscribers.  Is there a
>setting for this, other than adding 1500 users to the editor= lines?

If he wants semi-moderation, then it looks like there is a way.

According to the manual, "Send= Private,Semi-Moderated" should
accomplish this.

>Tanx,
>Randy

Dennis