Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:35:17 -0400
At 08:35 9/10/98 -0500, Lisa Coleman said:
|I need to subscribe 25,000 people to an announce only list quietly.  What is
|the easiest way to do this?  I have email addresses only in a text file
|format.

You also need to consider who can post to the list, who can REVIEW the
list, and how one unsubscribes in a timely fashion.  Since you are a .COM
site, you might need to consider how you acquired 25k email addresses;
and if they were opt-in (I don't see any subscribe/unsubscribe
instructions on your WEB site) and how to communicate with folks how they
can then UNSUB.

You might want to consider the anti-spam list SPAM-L.

FAQ:  http://bounce.to/spam-l/

BTW, there are multiple techniques for BULK adding with pros and cons.
The list-owner's manual covers them.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State