Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:37:06 -0500
On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Walker, Marcia A wrote:
> can anyone tell me why a bottom banner that was previously working
> would disappear?  It's loaded into the template at the web interface,
> but when I send a trial email it doesn't come through.  I've made some
> changes to the header based on suggestions I've received through this
> mailing list, but I can't see that they would  cause a bottom banner to
> disappear (but then at this point what do I know?).

Sometimes changes made via the list's web interface can produce startling
results, not at all what one intended (which is one of the reasons I don't
manage my lists via the "convenient" web interface).  Even an experienced
listowner can be fooled into making undesired changes (you change this,
something else is automatically changed without your knowledge).

I would suggest you get your listname.mailtpl via email and see what it
actually says.  Getting the default.mailtpl for your site, U. of Houston
wouldn't hurt either, but get your listname.mailtpl and take a look at
it.  Just send the command, via eamil, to the command address at UH,
GET listname.MAILTPL

Take a look at it and see what it actually says, minus all the "helpful"
stuff you get via the web interface.

Douglas (who doesn't trust the web interface for list management)