Debra Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:12:26 -0400
Is it possible to restrict web access to the archives of a list to
only subscribers or to those who have a valid LISTSERV password on the
host? Or, failing that, can I remove web access to the archives
without turning off archiving?

I just had an organization take exception to something posted about
them on one of my lists and it appears that they got the post from the
archives via the post. I've been uncomfortable with non-subscribers
having access to the archives since the LISTSERV was upgraded to
1.8d. I set up my list to be semi-moderated ("Editor= (listname)" so
that non-subscribers couldn't post without approval (mostly to cut
down on spam).

-Debra

|   No flames were thrown in the creation of this email message.   |