Wed, 1 Apr 1992 14:27:54 EST
At Anthro-l we are repeatedly made aware of the problem of to whom a
"reply" is directed by the listserver.  Our list currently sends all
replies to the whole list.  While the "reply" command is a very easy
method of sending a message to a list, often this lazy way out results
in what is junk mail to the vast majority of the list.  What is the
"list wisdom" about this problem? (I am sure you are all familiar with
what I mean.)  I am considering asking our list manager to change our
parameters so that the replies go the original poster.  One list has
apparently set up a utility that asks you to choose whether you want
your reply to go to the original poster, the whole list, or a third,
specified address.  This sounds like an interesting setup.  Please
send replies to me at the address listed below.  I will post a summary
for all later.  Thank you!

                    Hugh Jarvis

                  OWNERS OF ANTHRO-L
                    ANTOWNER@UBVM