Re: [[log in to unmask]: $$$ Internet Card]
"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Oct 1994 11:52:00 EDT
Kjetil Torgrim Homme <[log in to unmask]> says:
>Hello, I received this on one of the mailing lists I maintain
>Has anyone else seen this? I returned his favour and gave him a
>sample...

Yes, I got this Internet Card "spam" too (though it was sent to the
wrong address and only reached me and not my whole list).

If you read the headers carefully, you notice that the organization
"Automated Data Sciences," which probably makes and markets this card,
has a UUCP connection via holonet.net.  In other words, if you want to
send a complaint to a postmaster somewhere, [log in to unmask]
probably won't be very effective, since adsznet.com appears to be the
domain for the offending organization.  However, someone at holonet.net
may be a good place to send a complaint to, since they apparently are
providing Internet connectivity for adsznet.com.  (But I'd make the
message to holonet.net somewhat more polite, since they are 1 or 2
steps removed from the offender.)

Shahrukh Merchant