Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 15:19:07 EST
On Thu, 04 Mar 93 11:26:18 PST Tim RUshing said:

>For a list with open subscriptions, I think that deleting addresses
>which have bounced is actually friendlier to users than setting them to
>nomail. If a user stops getting mail from a list, one natural reaction
>is to send another subscription request. If the address has been deleted,
>then the user will be subscribed again. If the address has been set to
>nomail, then the SUB command will be processed as a name-change request
>and the user will still be set to nomail. I don't see any advantage to
>NOMAIL if subscription is open and the logs are public.
Yes.  this is true.  However, we do not have public logs or files and our
posting is also closed, so I think that in our case, nomail is better.  I
also find that there are a lot of mistakes in systems and we are frequently
told that users don't exist when they actually do.
Thanks for sending me that mail.
Peace
Anthea