Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:54:37 -0500
On 20 Jan 2002 Paul Russell wrote:

> Don't read more into it than is already there. The error had nothing
> to do with your search parms or the size of the archives.  The LISTSERV
> server process (lsv) was not running.

Paul I would have thought the same -- except that I did a mix of searches
one after the other all within about 5-10 minutes.  Each of the complex
ones failed with the "unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV"
error, and all of the simple ones worked.  So it is not that listserv was
not started, otherwise the simple searches would have failed as well.  It
seemed more like a timing error of some kind.

I did contact the site admin, and he can reproduce the error also.

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]