Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:18:11 -0700
On Apr 2,  8:56am, Pete Weiss wrote:

} Having read this and Rich's reply, I think that this is TOO MUCH work for the average person who doesn't know the semantics (and syntax) of the commands.  How would one "know" where the maximum line-length is esp. on the generated text?  Certainly it is very difficult to "view" that in my configuration of Eudora.
}
} It makes much more sense to me if LISTSERV(R) would have generated the well-formed GETPOST command to begin with.

I believe it does already.  One long line.  The problem comes with some
mailers which arbitrarily decide to break up lines, or cut&paste doing
it instead.

When I do a search,  and I want to use the generated GETPOST,  I reply
to the message,  then edit out everything but the GETPOST, then remove
the "} " my mailer inserts and send it.  Works every time even if the
GETPOST wraps over 2 or 3 lines on my screen.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507