Jason Rasku <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:40:22 -0700
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, rex wrote:

> Jason Rasku <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >       The send=hold can be used in conjunction with send=private.  What
> >the send=hold does is it allows you to use the ok confirmation method, so
> >you could set send=private,hold and it would give you the same mechanism
> >for all messages that ARE sent to the moderator, but allow all people not
> >on review, and subscribed to post directly to the list.
>
> Have you tried it?  I could not find a way to edit and have the message
> appear to come from the original sender in one step without setting
> SEND=Editor. It's possible I overlooked some combination in my efforts
> to get it to work, however. Once the OK mechanism is in place, the editing
> does not seem to work as described in section 6.5 of the manual.

        No, but there are ways to have every member of the list as an
editor.  This DOES cause problems, if I recall, it means that the
individual post limits become invalid.  A lot of features are mutualy
exclusive and they do not need to be (except maybe because of a programing
issue).  If you only want posts from members on your list you can put
send=private,hold.  The hold simply tells listserv to keep a message for
ok confirmation.  If you wish non-subscribers to post to the list through
you, you can do so with send=editor,hold.

> With a mailreader that correctly implements resend, forwarding acceptable
> posts to the lists is as easy and fast as using OK. Faster, actually.
> With OK, I have to hit reply(r), type "OK" then exit the editor (Alt-x).
> With resend, It's simply Shift-E.

        Well there are hundreds if not thousands of mail readers out
there, and I must say that what you say about resesding being faster MAY
apply to your mailreader, and it may even apply to mine, but I certian
that there are mailreaders that DO implement (correctly), ressending that
it is really complecated to resend the message.  It is quicker (number of
keystrokes wise), for me to use ok, it is ``rnok`ctl-x'y'' versus

                                                        Jason Rasku

--
Jason Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

Web pages of Interest:
Madness: <http://www.madnation.org/> <http://www.efn.org/~dendron>
         <http://www.peoplewho.org/Madness>
Fibre: <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>
Spirituality: <mailto:[log in to unmask] sprits firstname lastname>

ICQ 6375239

"The pyramid is opening!"
"Which one?"
"The one with the ever-widening hole in it!"
                -- Firesign Theater, "How Can You Be In Two Places At
                   Once When You're Not Anywhere At All"