Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:39:52 EST
We are running LISTSERV 1.8b on VM/ESA 1.1 (CMS 8, SLU 105). I have a
list owner who would like to create 'welcome' and 'farewell' files for
his list, so I have been attempting to do this with a test list. Based
on the information contained in LISTOWNR MEMO and LISTMAST MEMO, I have
created a <listname> FILEID file with entries for <listname> WELCOME and
<listname> FAREWELL, but, when I attempt to PUT one of these files, the
request is rejected.

This is the 'PET-L FILEID' file:

   1
   PET-L WELCOME 00000001 PET-L T1/400
   PET-L FAREWELL 00000002 PET-L T1/400

This is what I sent to LISTSERV:

   PUT PET-L WELCOME PW=XXXXXXXX
   Subject: Welcome to PET-L
   This is the "welcome" file for the PET-L list.

This is what I received from LISTSERV:

   File "PET-L WELCOME" is unknown to LISTSERV, PUT request rejected.

What am I doing wrong? pdr

* Paul Russell * Senior Systems Programmer * University of Notre Dame  *
* Email: [log in to unmask]  *  Web: http://www.nd.edu/~prussell *