Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:42:15 -0600
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:19:49 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am sure many of you are familiar with the clickable material inserted
>at the end of list postings on LISTSERV lists using the latest (if not,
>just see below, maybe).

Where this appears, if at all, depends on your email client program.  In my
program no such 'clickable' material appears.

>We have here a blurb which reads:
> [ Note: This message contains email list management information. ]
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is referred to is the RFC-2369 email headers:

>No. 2 reads exactly the same
>as No. 1, but what it does is send a command to the LISTSERV address of
>the list's host site.  For LSTOWN-L, that should be
>INFO LSTOWN-L

Yes, the #1 and #2 are these 2 lines:

>           <mailto:[log in to unmask] LSTOWN-L>

>But that is not what is sent, which is   INFOLSTOWN-L

Again, this seems to depend on your email client program.  In my program, I
get exactly what you might expect

To: [log in to unmask]

msg body:

INFO LSTOWN-L

You could also argue that line 2 should read:

>           <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

(the 'space' is URL-encoded as its hex equivalent '%20') and that URL also
works correctly for my email client program.