Eric Luo <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:54:41 -0400
Thanks John.

I am running the listserv on a Unix box. I didn't find the command as
"listview".

Regards,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 3:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] review the list membership in a browser window

> Hi all
>
> I have a mailing list with over 22000 users. If I review the list member
by
> e-mail, everything is ok. But If I choose "review the list membership in a
> browser window", there only less 2000 users are displayed. I checked the
log
> file, it shows "LSWLSTGN: Invalid entry in xxx list, line 19966".
>
> Is there a limit for browser display?

This is displayed on the window where you review the membership via the
web:

"You should avoid using a browser window if the list has more than about
500 subscribers - it will be slow and impractical, and could even crash
your browser."

That particular error indicates there is a problem in that line number.
I think I would use Listview to convert the  .LIST  file into text and
look at that line to see what's wrong. I would suspect some sort of
corruption.

Before that though, I would look at the log at the point where you got the
list via mail.  If that error doesn't show up now, then I would suspect
the original warning on the web page. Use email...