Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:59:55 -0500
I am quite positive that this is not possible (yet), but I thought I
might put it out anyway.

I know it's possible to add a "Filter= address" to a list header to get
rid of problem people.  However, I have a couple of people that just
create a new hotmail.com address and send in a new post.

However, all is not lost.  In the message header is the originator's IP
number, which will point back to their ISP (if not the originator
himself - in the case of someone with a DSL/Cable connection).  The
text in the From: line can be changed all the user wants, but they will
have a hard time masking that IP number.

So, is there a way (or can there be) to filter messages based on an IP
number that appears in the message header?

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                            Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University