Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 17:53:53 -0400
On Wed, 27 Oct 1993, Keith A. Marrocco wrote:

> Would it be appropriate for those of us with concerns about this to make it
> known to the publisher, Strangelove Press, at their email address

Mr. Strangelove told me he would welcome such comments.  BTW he also told
me that there were going to be a rash of books giving the impression that
any advertizer can do anything they want on the Internet, and that in part
his book was an effort to head off that mis-impression.

If we do begin to get lots of commercial junk mail, I for one will --
instead altering my own lists -- seek to have the network privileges of
the sender revoked, if they don't cease immediately upon request.  And if
the sender has actually set up their own node, I shall begin to inquire as
to how to have them disconnected from the nets in toto regardless of how
much they may have invested in their brand new connection.  I don't have
the regulations at my fingertips which would enable one to proceed along
this path but I'm confident they're there.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]
   List-owner, CFS-NEWS, CFS-L, CFS-D
   co-owner, CFS-WIRE