Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:36:27 -0700
I'm on digest, so if there has been any resolution of this situation since
yesterday's digest, I haven't seen it yet.

We operate 7 lists, which are housed on 2 different servers.  We have been
receiving the same error message others described intermittently on all of
our lists.  I don't save all of the error messages, but the earliest one I
have at hand was from last Friday morning.  Each error message appears to
contain all of the subscribers with Yahoo addresses from that list.

On the other hand, I can verify that most list messages ARE getting
through to the Yahoo addresses, because I am one of them.  Both my wife
and I have separate Yahoo addresses that we use to receive list messages
from our lists (she is the owner of one of the lists).  As a backup to my
primary
e-mail address and subscriptions, I am subscribed to all 7 lists from one
of my Yahoo accounts, with all of the lists except one set to individual
messages.  I have received almost all of the lists messages generated.  On
the one list I receive in digest format at that address, I did not receive
only one digest out of 12 generated since the problem began.

In addition, I use a different Yahoo account as the primary address for
our list administration.  I haven't had any problems sending or receiving
administrative messages and commands from that address.

I had looked through the Yahoo help area yesterday, trying to find a
listing of contact addresses to use to write directly to them, but I
didn't find any.  I finally wrote to [log in to unmask] and asked for such a
list or the URL for one, if one exists.  I have had no response to my
message.

The error messages continue today.  The latest one I received was about 3
hours ago.  However, this was for only one message out of 8 sent to that
list today.  I would caution against setting anyone to NOMAIL or DIGEST.
IMHO, that is overkill compared to the infrequency of these particular
error messages as compared to the total number of messages from the list.

It will be interesting to see what the reason for these errors is and how
long it takes to resolve the problem.

==
Best wishes,

Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Co-Administrator, EEAC Web Site and mailing lists
http://www.eeadopt.org