"Rowell, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 May 2001 09:16:44 -0400
Thank you Ben Parker and Dan Robinson for you help in attempting to resolve this
muliple postings problem I reported yesterday.  I have not heard back yet from
our State of MI Listserv Administrator, but he may well have some thoughts on
this as well.

I have communicated this information back to the three subscribers who reported
this problem, and in so doing, I noticed something I had comletely missed
before.. all three subscribers had Hotmail.com addresses.  Hmmmmm.

I pointed this out to them, and suggested they report this to their Hotmail.com
support center.  Any ideas why or what might be happening with this web-mail
service provider???

Also, being a neophyte at this Listserv business (as you can see my 'real' job
is that of education consultant), how do I retreive the "activity log" or
whatever it may be called from the Listserv to examine what was going on on this
list in question?  I searched the pdf of the Listserv Owners manual and couldn't
find anything about this.  Also, in looking over this manual, I came across
"loopchecking" which is not a feature in the headers of any of our 12 lists at
this time.  Exactly what does this 'loopchecking' do for me, and should I invoke
it by way of reconfiguring the headers of our lists??

Again, many thanks.

--
Frank E. Rowell
Special Education Consultant/Webmaster