Joop Reijenga <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:43:23 -0400
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:18:40 -0500, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Also be aware that the -REQUEST (by default MAILTPL template) generates
>an auto-response to the supposed sender, which often is spoofed.
>
>/Pete

Hello Pete and others,

A bit of a late followup but this message/thread came closest to my problem
with this isue also when searching the list archives.

I also have an huge increasing ammount of Spam on the request address of my
list @SurfNet.nl and decided to switch to a none Listserv address on my own
server instead. Pointing to the new (non-listserv) address with the REQACK1
file for non-members with serious questions. That file is allready in use
because it is a FAQ file as well.

This works just fine since I can dev/null all incomming mail to the old
request @SurfNet address and use a whole lot stricter filtering and
killfiles on my own server for this new non-listserv request address.

I have this new address set to forward to all editor/moderators, that part
works as intended also having it send notification and daily error reports
etc. to all as well but the only problem is that I can't figure out how to
prevent Listserv (1.8d) from sending out the approval requests to the other
moderators own addresses while keeping the possibillity for all mods to
approve when needed.

Is there a way to still give all mods this permission/option to do so while
removing them from the moderator= header part? Would it be enough if they
are set to be (silent)owner and/or editor for example? i.e. would they be
able to approve forwarded approval requests with a owner and/or editor
setting?

If yes then I could remove their addresses from the lists of moderators in
the listheader and only keep the new non-listserv request in that setting
and let that one forward to all mods.

TIA,
Joop Reijenga.