Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:09:08 -0600
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Sam Lemma wrote:
> I am having a problem in my list. when I send out URL which is very long
> it alwys trancated. The system cut teh URL I send out. Is there any q fix
> for sending long URL?
> Here is the sample URL I was needed to send out to my list. It is just one
> long link.
> https://my.nih.gov/portal/server.pt?
> space=CommunityPage&cached=true&parentname=CommunityPage&amp;parentid=3&in_hi_u
> serid=1386547&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=786&PageID=687

Turn off your "line wrap".

Use an email system with enough smarts to know not to wrap urls (like
UNIX/Linux Pine), even if it wraps other stuff (actually, I think this is
not wrapping a line with no spaces).  Thus:

https://my.nih.gov/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&cached=true&parentname=CommunityPage&amp;parentid=3&in_hi_userid=1386547&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=786&PageID=687

(If you don't get that as one long, clickable, line, it is the fault of
your email system.}

By the way, not all browsers work with https urls.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]