Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:15:40 -0400
>Is anyone else having/had issues with gateway.net? If so, what was the
>resolution?
>Can anyone point me to a resource that describes in some detail relaying
>denied errors? What should I be looking for in the logs?

Complain to AOL:

Query:Mail Exchange (MX):gateway.net
gateway.net     MX      15      za.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      zb.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      zc.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      zd.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      yb.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      yc.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      yd.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      ye.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      yg.mx.aol.com
gateway.net     MX      15      yh.mx.aol.com

My guess is one or more of their MX hosts is FUBARed.

?pete