Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:06:39 -0400
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Hamilton Dexter wrote:

> Thanks all, for the answers.  But it appears my worst fears have been
> confirmed: I am not missing something - there is no manual index.  It almost
> seems that LSoft is going out of their way to make the program a little
> tough to use by providing substandard documentation.  Curious marketing
> strategy.

The most useful portion of the manual is the keywords section. If you
haven't yet read through it, you should definitely do so. The keywords are
largely what drives Listserv lists.

> I have an announce list of about 10,000.  The system dumps about 1% of my
> list per month as bad or non-responding email addresses.  How does that
> match with others?

That seems reasonable. Email addresses change or get closed fairly often
as people switch ISPs, employers, or lose interest in Internet access.