Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 20:54:48 -0400
From:             Ricardo Mendes <[log in to unmask]>

>Hi,
>
>does any one know this software for mailing list - Lyris (from Shelby
>Group)?

Ricardo,

I had answered your message a couple of days ago, but it seems to have
been rejected by the moderator. (Interestingly, I posted a message to
the same list mere hours earlier that never went through a moderator.)

The "moderation" message, itself, is interesting, so I included it here:

>--- begin forwarded text
>
>Date:         Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:42:09 +0200
>From: "L-Soft list server at SEARN (1.8c)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Message ("Your message dated Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:48:57...")
>To: Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Your  message dated  Tue,  23 Sep  1997 08:48:57  -0400  with subject  "Re:
>rurckner unknown" has been submitted to the moderator of the LSTOWN-L list:
>Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>.
>
>--- end forwarded text

Eric Thomas is, of course, the developer of LISTSERV. My reply to your
post was very complimentary of Lyris, which is a competing product of
LISTSERV.

One might wonder if there was a conflict of interest in the moderator. ;-)

Anyway, here is my reply. Please feel free to contact me if you have any
questions. For more information on Lyris, go to <http://www.lyris.com/>.
And while I'm here, the bounce processing program I mention in my post is
"SmartBounce"; for more info, go to <http://www.bsabio.com/SmartBounce/>.
(I didn't want to include that in the post lest it seem like I was
replying merely to push my own product -- despite the fact that I stated
right in the post that Lyris makes it obsolete.)

I hope this answers your questions ...

- Vince

--- begin forwarded text