Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:36:45 -0500
 At 09:13 AM 2/28/97 EST, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:
>>> per-user message limit for the BELG-L list.  Other than the list owner, no  e
>   !!!!!!!!
>
>>on
>>> is allowed to post more than 5 messages per day. Please resend your message t
>>> later time if you still want it to be posted to the list.
>
>>Is there anyway to set it so that the list gets held and not rejected?
>
>Gosh, I hope not.  A single user should NOT be able to cause
>the list to be held: that would be the antithesis of the
>per-user daily limit (which was the previous unenhanced
>behaviour of the daily-threshold).
>
>If you WANT the old behaviour, don't configure your list
>with the second (and) optional operand of the optional list
>keyword:
>
>* DAILY-THRESHOLD=

Hi.

I'm just guessing here, but I think there's a bit of terminology misunderstanding
here.

I thought at the time I read it (and still think) that the original poster
*meant* to ask whether that 6th message could be held (presumably, till the
next day), and not "the list...held" (which of course shouldn't happen!!)

Cheers,
Stan