"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 May 1994 16:53:00 EDT
>Here's another amazing side of returned mail; it's deja vu time! I am getting
>undeliverable mail messages from someone I deleted from my list two days ago!
>What is going on this time? Also, I am still getting those demon messages from
>MAIL.LOC.GOV. about a server being served out. Can someone translate?

It's important to understand that LISTSERV distributions to end-users
follow a different path that LISTSERV command responses to you or
end-users -- this is by design.  The former is because of the LISTSERV
Distribute algorithm that attempts to minimize network traffic.
Consequently, distributions (and any possible resultant bounces) may be
delayed for a long period of time, even though you have already deleted
(or SET NOMAIL) the "problem" subscriber.

/Pete