"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 09:32:00 EST
>1.  Why is it that everytime I send a message to &OWNER (that is
>listname-request@MYHOST or owner-listname@MYHOST) the message gets routed
>through a listserv backbone server (vms.dc....)?  The aliases
>listname-request and owner-listname is setup in my system so why does it
>go to vms.dc... and ends up by telling me that an error has occured... ???

Without actually viewing what you are viewing, I'll hazzard a guess:
you're using an Internet/bitnet gateway.  Don't do that and it
might work as you desire.

>2. How can I have a command sent to listserv across more than one line?
>What is the escape character for continuing in another line?

One syntax that seems to work:

// command ,
// operands

Notice the space before and after "command"
as well as the space before "operands"

Pete Weiss at Penn State