Dave Gomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Apr 1995 13:43:15 PDT
On Sat, 15 Apr 1995 15:50:22 EDT you said:
>However once in a while with my own list I do a quiet delete of
>particularly hot headed users and after a week or two they figure they
>have been disconnected and ask what gives.  I tell them they somehow got
>dropped and they can re-subscribe.

I tell my list members I do this and that they are free to resub if they
want to.  But I point out that if they do "it" again, I will drop them
again.  I even have a macro to zap someone whose address is on the
current line.   It is quite convenient.   Dave

/**/
'EXTRACT /CURLINE'; C=Curline.3
IF ARG(1)=''
 THEN DO; DO WHILE (POS('@',Id)=0)&(C<>''); PARSE VAR C Id C; END; END
 ELSE Id=ARG(1)
IF LEFT(Id,1)='<' THEN PARSE VAR Id 2 Id '>'
' CMS TELL LISTSERV AT TSCVM QUIET DEL PCBUILD PW=xxx' Id
'SET MSGMODE ON'
'MSG Request to zap' Id 'sent to TSCVM.'
'SET MSGMODE OFF'

Dave Gomberg, San Francisco           Internet: [log in to unmask]