"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:55:00 EST
Q&A, Help, etc. about SPAM can be best addressed on the
LISTSERV(R) list specifically created for same: SPAM-L@
peach.ease.lsoft.com.  BUT first you must subscribe via
the LISTSERV@ address.

Here is a list of SUBJECT: TOPICS

----------

 Topic           Purpose
 -----           -------

 CC              full-text of SPAM
 ME-TOO          "I ALSO received this SPAM"
 ABUSE           "I sent the following nastygram to [log in to unmask]"
 ABUSE-RE        "I received the following response from [log in to unmask]"
 COURT           text related to law/statutes or pending litigation
 MEDIA           what the popular press has to say about SPAM
 HELP            if you need assitance in either decoding a received
                 SPAM (not SPAM-L) message or need assistance in
                 contacting a service providor/system administrator

Here is some general info about how one goes about setting
their personal filter distribution options for the SPAM-L
list

It takes 3 things to acomplish your task via Revised LISTSERV
techology:

1) list-owner has setup the list's TOPICS feature in the
   definition (see above)

2) you, the subscriber, have previously
   e-mailed [log in to unmask]

   SET SPAM-L TOPICS: -MEDIA

   which only is effective for mail distributions, and not
   for DIGEST/INDEX mailings and have indicated to LISTSERV
   that you are interested in all Subjects that do NOT have
   a MEDIA topic

3) the SPAM-L poster uses a valid Subject: in their posting

   SUBJECT: MEDIA: xxxxxxx

Thus, thes SPAM-L subscriber who had previously issued the
above SET would NOT receive this post.

You might find other useful discussion on the TOPICS=
keyword by sending the following to [log in to unmask]

/* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */
//ListSrch JOB Echo=no
Database Search DD=Rules OUTLIM=2000 f=mail
//Rules DD *
S topics= in lstown-l where sender contains (eric or gerland or pmw1)
index #.5 date.8 sender.17 subject.46
print
/*
//  EOJ

To SEARCH the SPAM-L archives, send a one-line e-mail
to: [log in to unmask]

SEARCH (string1 OR string2) AND (string3 OR string4) IN SPAM-L

The Boolean expression above is just a small sample of the syntax
available via LISTSERV technology.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                  "Are you a bandwidth bandit?"