Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:23:36 +0000
Harriet Bograd wrote:

> I wanted to make this story public, because many of you may soon run into
> Compuserve members whose listserv subscriptions suddenly and surprisingly
> get messed up.  Apparently it works fine to unsubscribe them from the
> numeric ID and subscribe them instead with their new alias.  But you have
> to do it for them, because they can't quite do it themselves.

I had a message from a frustrated user this morning, who found he
couldn't post to my list anymore. He had heard nothing from
compuserve (so he says) about the change. What I've done is sent the
following to all my compuserve subscribers to both their old AND new
addresses: (you create the new address by simply using their full
name as follows: [log in to unmask])

> Dear Subscriber,
> I have heard that all compuserve users are getting a new email
> address. Please let me know under which email address this reached
> you, so that I can update your subscription to the NO-MILK list.

Is this a good idea?

Max Desorgher (owner NO-MILK list)